By accessing, visiting or using https://www.continuumsh.com/ or any related services (collectively the “Website”), contacting us or agreeing to receive emails from Logibec, you accept the terms and conditions of this Policy.
This Policy does not extend to websites operated by third parties. Logibec is therefore not liable for their privacy policies, procedures and practices.
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect your personal data in several ways, including when you request information, enter information on our Website, register for a webinar on our Website, contact us by telephone or by email, post on our social media accounts, subscribe to our newsletter, etc. Depending on the circumstances, personal data may include your first name, last name, email address, telephone number, workplace, job title, healthcare facility and survey answers regarding your reasons for registering for a webinar
We also collect data relating to your visit to our Website. This information may include your IP address, the date, time and duration of your visits as well as the web pages you consulted.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Essential Cookies – These cookies are required for the Website to function as intended and that it is secured. For instance, essential cookies are used to ensure the functionality of a change from http to https, or to remember your cookie preference if you are prompted to accept or refuse certain cookies. We are not required to obtain your consent for these cookies.
- Performance Cookies – These cookies are used to monitor usage and performance.
- Functional Cookies – These cookies are used to provide you with certain features and functionalities on our Website.
- Targeting Cookies – These cookies are used for marketing purposes, so that we can deliver ads that are more relevant to you, or for our partners to deliver ads more relevant to you.
For instance, we use Google Analytics as part of our performance cookies to identify which sections of our Website are the most popular, the origin of users, and other analytics to help us improve our services such as our Website. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to disable all cookies. Disabling cookies on your browser could adversely affect your browsing experience on the Website.
Instructions to this effect are provided each browser’s website:
- For Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies;
- For Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences;
- For Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265;
- For Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB&hlrm=en.
For any other browser not mentioned above, you should not hesitate to consult the cookie management help information available on the Website. You can also visit this link for an overview of how to block or delete cookies on the most common browsers: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
3. USE AND COMMUNICATION OF INFORMATION
We take steps designed to ensure that only those employees who need access to your personal data to fulfil their employment duties will have access to it. We use and disclose your personal data mainly:
- to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Website, to provide the services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and to provide support to users of the Website;
- applicable legal grounds under the GDPR: contract performance, legitimate interests (to enable us to perform our obligations and provide our services), consent;
- to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Website, and to develop new products, services, feature, and functionality;
- applicable legal grounds under the GDPR : legitimate interests (to enable us to perform our obligations and provide our services), consent;
- to send you communications, notably commercial information, subject to applicable laws;
- applicable legal grounds under the GDPR : consent;
- for providing you with webinars and any useful information about them, as well as to improve content of webinars;
- applicable legal grounds under the GDPR : consent;
- for any other purposes authorized or required by law;
- applicable legal grounds under the GDPR : performance of a legal obligation.
We do not sell your personal data to data brokers. We perform analytics and we use other IT service providers to provide us with information technologies such as data hosting, or to provide certain functionalities of our services. We may disclose your personal data to service providers such as Mailchimp (to send you e-mails), Microsoft Azure (data hosting), Webex (providing you with webinars), and Cloudflare.
When we disclose your personal data to service providers, we take reasonable measures to ensure that the rules set forth in this Policy are complied with. In the event of a change of ownership, sale, merger, liquidation, reorganization or acquisition of Logibec, in whole or in part, your personal data may be transferred as part of the transaction. We may share your personal data with the authorities if justified and required by applicable laws.
4. RETENTION OF INFORMATION
The Website and your personal data are stored and hosted on servers residing in Quebec, Canada. However, your personal data may be stored and processed in any country where we engage service providers. Consequently, transfer of information may occur to countries outside your country of residence which may have different data protection rules than in your country. While such information is outside of Canada, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is held, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country.
Logibec has implemented various physical, administrative and technical safeguards designed to protect the confidentiality and security of personal data under our control. However, no security measures are absolute or wholly guaranteed.
Logibec will maintain your personal data for as long as a business need exists, or as required by applicable laws, regulations, or government orders.
5. RIGHT TO ACCESS AND CORRECT
On written request and subject to proof of identity, you may access the personal data that we hold, and ask that any necessary corrections be made, where applicable, as authorized or required by law.
However, to make sure that the personal data we maintain about you is accurate and up to date, please inform us immediately of any change in your personal data.
Also, whenever we process your personal data based on your consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com, or by using the functionalities that we make available to you as part of the Services.
If you are located in the European Union and you want to learn more about your rights, you can consult this guide published by the Information Commissioner’s Office of the United Kingdom.
6. OPTING OUT OF COMMUNICATIONS
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email you receive from us, or, if you created an online account when you registered to receive Logibec emails, you may log-in to your account and make changes to your communication preferences. You may also opt-out by contacting us directly using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
We will endeavour to respond to your opt-out request promptly but ask that you please allow a reasonable time to process your request. Please note that if you opt-out from receiving marketing-related emails, we may still need to send you communications about your use of our products or services, or other matters.
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify the Policy, we will make it available through the Website, and indicate the date of the latest revision, and will comply with applicable law. Your continued use of the Website after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of the Policy.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or your personal data, to make an access or correction request, to make a complaint, or to obtain information about our policies and practices with respect to any service providers outside Canada, our Privacy Officer can be reached by email using the following contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Last Update: April 20th 2020]